We Care About Safety
At Monarch Tattoo, it is very important to us to operate in a safe, clean environment for our client’s safety and ours. We continually educate our staff and follow current medical standards.
Sterile tattoo needles are used for one procedure and then disposed of in a sharps container. These containers are picked up by an outside source that disposes of the used items correctly through incineration. Tattoo needles are NEVER re-used.
All our work surfaces are disinfected with a medical grade, OSHA approved cleaner. Once the area is disinfected, the work surfaces are covered with a barrier. These barriers prevent a surface from being contaminated by pathogens. Once a procedure is done the barriers are removed, disposed of, and the work surfaces are disinfected again with a medical grade cleaner. Each work area has a sink with a foot operated faucet. Hands are washed regularly and gloves are worn during all procedures at all times.
Monarch Tattoo has a separate room engineered for the cleaning and sterilizing of instruments. Instruments are soaked, hand scrubbed with a medical grade detergent, ultrasonically cleaned, dried, sealed in a sterilization pouch, and run through a double cycle in an autoclave (sterilization chamber). Sterile instruments are then stored properly until their use.
- Our autoclave is tested once a month by an outside lab to assure it is working properly.
- Our artists take an OSHA certified bloodbourne pathogen (BBP) course once a year to continually educate ourselves and update our safety procedures.
- We are members of the Alliance of Professional Tattooists, an organization aimed at addressing health and safety issues in the tattoo industry.
We at Monarch Tattoo are dedicated to producing high quality tattoo work but it is even more important that we operate in a clean safe manner. We take every precaution for your safety and ours.
If you have any questions please feel free to call us at: 509-582-5598
Aftercare for Your Tattoo
- Remove bandage after 4 to 6 hours and wash tattoo with mild soap and warm water.
- Wash tattoo gently several times a day. Massage a small amount of A&D ointment into the tattoo after each cleansing. Continue this for next two days.
- After two days, apply unscented lotion (such as Lubriderm, Vaseline Intensive Care, Suave) three times daily.
- Keep out of direct sunlight for one month, over time direct sunlight will fade any tattoo, so use sunscreen for protection.
- Do not soak tattoo in lakes, oceans, pool, hot tubs or baths for two weeks. Showering is OK, and as a matter of fact encouraged.
Your new tattoo is your responsibility once you leave the shop. The better care you take, the brighter and smoother your tattoo will heal.
If you have any questions give us a call at: 509-582-5598